Monday, June 12, 2006

... people!!!

Every person in his or her life time undergoes a self imposed house arrest once in a while. I am presently undergoing this phase as I sit and “thesisize” day in and day out in my ten square meter white cell, provided to me by the SPA correction center in which I got my self enrolled. The cell is a comfortable one, a bed, huge cupboard for a single person, a computer to connect twenty four hours to the virtual world. Huge desks, piles of books, sheets of papers, some artifacts and a bull of the wall, a mirror, the fisherman – a perfect blend of science and art, and my dearest gift lay silent in their designated places. The continuously hissing cooler is the only talking companion, whose presence is felt every time the power cuts off. The computer does its duty rather well singing continuously. The transparent bottle which contains the life support fluid – WATER – seems to be always empty. The bottle is only cheater in the room which keeps drinking my energy drink while the others are doing their job meticulously. The sun rises and sets giving way to the moon in the darkness as life continuous indifferently.

In this indifferent setting three times in a day I treat myself religiously to the sight of people!!!

5 comments:

n_i_d_h_i said...

very true.....i hope we all r feeling the same..few more days to go n these memories will last a life time.
where is my pic?

Anamika Bagchi said...

hey...very nice post...really lovely writing.

and nice photo montage too...

Anamika Bagchi said...

anup....going by the photos...i think you should title your post girls instead of people!!....:-P

Anup Gadgil said...

dont think vinu will like that very much. he he... its like questioning his identity no?

Anonymous said...

nice post.
nice green dupatta.
nice array of fotos.
hi minal.
sonal yer hair's grown long!

promise (neck skin in between thumb and forefinger) (yew...gross when i try to describe it) to be more prompt