Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The pre monsoon melody

While I was reading McHarg “…where you find a people who believe that man and nature are indivisible, and the survival and health are contingent upon an understanding on nature and her processes, these societies will be very different form ours…” I got a chat message drawing my attention to the breeze outside my room. The mood that I was in, I had locked my self in my room closing all the doors, had put all the lights off, changed the desktop screen color of my computer to white and reading in that light. In that situation I opened my balcony door and stood there in the balcony. At that moment the drama of nature began. First came the breeze which made the beautiful paper lamps in the balcony sway in delight. Then the lightening followed and lit the amazing Gulmohar tree outside my balcony giving it a magic touch. The orange Gulmohar tree – my forever setting sun – glowed to glory. My scientific mind was now waiting for the thunder which had generated the lightening. And within no time it made its appearance. The orchestra had now started to rock. The rain started to sing its song and I was flowing in it. Standing in the balcony I was enjoying every drop of it that fell over my body. While many did oh ho in disgust over this shy song of the rain I said ah ha form within my heart and believed that there are thousands of people still who believe that man and nature are indivisible.

No comments: